The Jobs-To-Be-Done of a Brand
In this digital age, brands will continue to perform their traditional jobs-to-be-done, i.e.:
- Functional: Help people find satisfying products/services without having to understand the specifics and details of the product/service. (I.e., buy a jacket with confidence that it is fashionable and of a certain quality).
- Social: Signify to other people one’s own taste.
- Emotional: Reassure the purchaser that they have made a good decision.
New Values“Authentic” is the emerging counterbalance to “virtual” products, services, and experiences. Brands should strive for Authenticity.
- Authenticity means genuineness, credibility, and integrity of a proposition. Cues commonly used to ascertain authenticity are:
- Immediacy in time: like watching a football match live is more authentic than watching an hour delayed.
- Immediacy in place: like watching a football match in the stadium is more authentic than watching on TV.
- Provenance: like a work of Art is more valuable if its ownership can be traced back to its creation.
- Authority: recommendation of an acknowledged expert
- Shared Experience: in the way that a shared sunset is more “real” than one experienced alone. (…50,000 Elvis fans can’t be wrong)
Please share this post. If you comment, I'll reply. Thanks for reading!
If your interests extend to theory and philosophy, please check out my other blog.
Post a Comment
don't hold back!